The second edition of the PFNM, with support from the National Endowment for the Arts, and further event support from The Pittsburgh Foundation, The Heinz Endowments, New Music USA, Awesome Pittsburgh, and in partnership with Music on the Edge, The Andy Warhol Museum, Pitt's Year of the Humanities, and ELCO.
- May 4 (7p/8:30p): Cineshape, by Amy Williams and Aaron Henderson (music+film collage) at the Andy Warhol Museum.
- May 11 (1:00p): Flashmob performance of the ending of Stravinsky's Firebird at Market Square.
- May 22 (4-6p): Jennifer Nagle Myers's The Long Song, on 21 city blocks along Penn Ave.
- May 26 (7:30p): Guest soprano Tony Arnold and Alia Musica Pittsburgh at the Heymann theater in Oakland.
- May 28 (3-9:30p): The Pittsburgh Soundpike, world-touring guest soloists and local organization in three segments at the Heymann Theater.
- May 29-30: Cornelius Cardew's epic 1970 masterpiece The Great Learning, at various city venues on Sunday and Monday.