November 20, 2016: Alia Musica participated in the homage concert for Pittsburgh's pioneer composer David Stock, with a performance of Five Four Letter Words, premiered by the ensemble in 2012.
October 27, 2016: Guest recital by Frederic Rzewski, presenting work in progress inspired by revolutionary songs from the 19th and 20th centuries.
October 20, 2016: Guest recital by Jordan Dodson, featuring Davidovsky's Synchronisms for guitar and electronics, and works for solo guitar by Jason Eckardt, Curtis Rumrill, Federico Garcia-De Castro, and more.
Since 2007, Alia Musica has produced new-music events of all kinds, from intimate chamber concerts to two editions of the Pittsburgh Festival of New Music in 2014 and 2016. The group has shared stages with artists of the stature of Ken Ueno, Cliff Colnot, Tony Arnold, Robert Dick, Tim Munro, and composers Ricardo Zohn-Muldoon, George Tsontakis, and Carlos Sanchez-Gutierrez.
- Ken Ueno Residency: Alia Musica commissioned and premiered Sawdust on Ararat (for flute, clarinet, hacked oboe, two percussionists, and two cellos) at the PFNM, and joined Ken himself in the Pittsburgh premiere of his concerto for overtone singer and orchestra.
- Pittsburgh Festival of New Music: With support from the National Endowment for the Arts, this month-long celebration of new music included a showcase of the local new music scene, a flashmob of Stravinsky's Firebird, Cardew's The Great Learning, and featured artists Tony Arnold, Allen Otte, Dieter Hennings, and Amy Williams.
- MusicArte Panama: Alia Musica was featured ensemble in Latin America's newest new music festival, alongside Ensemble Dal Niente and Soundscape Trio. Our performance included Boulez's Derive and the premiere of one movement of GPS by Carlos Sanchez-Gutierrez.
- Beyond: Microtonal Music Festival: With a performance of G.F. Haas's Nach-ruf... ent-gleitend..., Alia Musica was the local quota in the 3-day coproduction of Music on the Edge and the Warhol Museum.
- Guest recitals and artists throughout the year included New York's esteemed percussion+piano quartet Yarn/Wire, rising star clarinetist Gleb Kanasevich, and Italian flutist Luisa Sello.
- Pittsburgh Festival of New Music: A 4-day celebration of new music, with recitals by the legendary Frederic Rzewski, performances of John Luther Adams's Inuksuit and Robert Ashley's Perfect Lives, and performances by Pittsburgh's most active new music organizations.
- Comala on tour: Alia Musica joins soprano Tony Arnold, the Eastman Broadband and other world-class musicians in a tour of Ricardo Zohn-Muldoon's opera Comala, with music by Federico Garcia-De Castro, John Arrigo-Nelson, and Michael Fiday.
- The Fireplace (Brooklyn, NY): Alia Musica's piano duo featured at the esteeemed Brooklyn venue, presented by thingNY
- Alia Musica at ELPC: Presented by Cathedral Concerts at the East Liberty Presbyterian Church, performances and premieres by Pittsburgh composers, and Krzysztof Penderecki's famous Clarinet Quartet.
- Conductors Festival II: Under the lead of Maestro Jeffery Meyer and guest conductor Walter Morales, 3 emerging new music conductors from around the US perform music by Pittsburgh composers.
- Spring 2013 Concert with Robert Dick and Ricardo Zohn-Muldoon: a memorable performance at Bricolage Theater in Downtown, with the re-premiere of legendary flutist and composer Robert Dick's Meristem, music by Berio, Pittsburgh composers, and the premiere of Ricardo Zohn-Muldoon's Yo No/Tú Sí/Yo Tú/Sí No with soprano Jamie Jordan.
- Arabesque Winds & Freya String Quartet: featuring music by Alia Musica and other Pittsburgh composers, as well as Ligeti's Bagatelles and Martinu's Nonet.
- Finalists Concert: for the joint composition competition by the PNME and Alia Musica. Music by David Stock, David Liptak, Molly Joyce, James Ogburn, and the eventual winner, Sean Neukom.
- Hear/Now Festival of New Sounds at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater. Curated by Alia Musica, 2-day event featuring eighth blackbird's Tim Munroe, Pamela Z, DJ Spooky, Pittsburgh ensembles, Dave Eggar's trio, Eric Moe, Michael Johnsen, Ben Opie, and more.
- At Bard College: Alia Musica performs at Bard College, music by George Tsontakis, Jose Agustin Sanchez, Mark Fromm, and Matthew Heap.
- Winter 2013: Percussion Showcase featuring 7 Pittsburgh percussionists and a premiere by Mike Perdue.
- Conductors Festival: Legendary conductor and new-music specialist Cliff Colnot (Chicago Civic Orchestra) led Alia Musica and a group of 4 emerging conductors from New York, Dallas, and Houston, in 6 compositions by Alia Musica composers.